1. REGISTRATION SEASONS: Registration takes place three times a year for the program seasons of winter/spring, summer and fall. Registration dates are published in the seasonal program guide. Additional registration guidelines and refund policies are issued for Learning Ladders Preschool, summer day camps and BASE (before and after school program).
2. RESIDENT REGISTRATION: Residents of La Grange and Countryside receive priority registration for a week prior to the start of non-resident registration. Residents may only register their own family on the opening day of registration.
3. NON-RESIDENT REGISTRATION: Individuals residing outside of the Park District boundaries may register approximately one week after resident registration has begun. This includes Neighborhood Network residents.
4. REGISTRATION OPTIONS:
Walk-in registration is held at the recreation center at 536 East Avenue and is available during regular front desk hours. Walk-in and online registration run simultaneously on a first-come, first-served basis.
Mail-in registration is accepted once registration begins for a season. A completed registration form with waiver signature and full payment are required.
Online registration is offered for your convenience and is available 24/7 once registration begins for the season. The online deadline to register for a program is the day before the program start date. Late registration is accepted at the recreation center. A non-refundable, flat $2 administration fee applies to online registration transactions. Please view/print your receipt to verify your online registration.
New patrons that qualify for resident or neighborhood network rates should visit the recreation center to provide proof of address and set up an online account. Patrons may set up their own household account on our website, but all transactions will default to non-resident rates until proof of address if provided.
To register online visit www.pdlg.org, select the registration tab, then select online registration. New patrons should select need an account; existing patrons requiring log-in credentials should select forgot your user name or password.
5. FEE CODES: The fee codes in the program brochures are as follows:
(R) Residents of La Grange & Countryside, (NN) Neighborhood Network, (NR) Non-Resident
6. PROOF OF RESIDENCY/AGE: Proof of La Grange/Countryside residency is required to qualify for resident rates for program registrations, memberships and facility rentals. A current driverâ€™s license, state ID or utility bill is acceptable. This policy assures the lowest fees for residents. The Park District reserves the right to require proof of age for participants when age is a factor.
7. NEIGHBORHOOD NETWORK (NN): All communities that border La Grange will qualify for rates only 10% higher than resident rates for all programs. Proof of address is required. NN communities include La Grange Park, La Grange Highlands, Brookfield, Western Springs, and McCook.
8. CO-OP PROGRAMMING: The handshake symbol next to a program title designates that it is a co-op and resident rate applies to all agencies listed. All participating agencies must achieve minimum enrollment for a class to be held.
Co-op codes: LP â€“ La Grange Park, WS â€“ Western Springs
9. PROGRAM WAITING LISTS: Maximum enrollments for programs ensure quality and safety for you and your children. Wait lists will be taken to offer open slots created by enrollee cancellations.
10. FALSE INFORMATION/RESIDENT PRIORITY: Persons failing to indicate accurate residency status will be dropped from the program without refund.
11. SENIOR DISCOUNT: Seniors age 55+ receive a 10% discount on most PDLG adult programs.
12. PAYMENT/ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION: Upon enrollment you will be issued a receipt for your payment along with class dates, time and any pertinent information that you may need regarding the program. If you have any questions regarding your receipt please call the Park District office at (708)352-1762.
13. REGISTER EARLY: Early registration is recommended. Classes are subject to cancellation if they do not meet minimum enrollment.
14. PAYMENT METHODS: We accept payment by cash, check, and debit/credit Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Apple Pay.
15. FEES SUBJECT TO CHANGE: Fees are subject to change to correct a brochure misprint or program change.
16. ADA ACCOMMODATIONS: A request for ADA accommodations or participation assistance is required at the time of registration. This includes, but is not limited to, inclusion aides, sign language interpreters, adaptive equipment, and accessible transportation. Early registration, along with a request for accommodation, is strongly suggested to allow accommodations to be secured prior to the start of the program.
17. RETURNED CHECKS: In the event that a program is paid for by check and that check is returned to the District unpaid due to NSF, closed account, etc., full payment as well as a $20 penalty fee will be required in cash, money order, or credit card before attendance in a class may continue.
18. REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS: Refunds will not be issued after the first class date and must be requested no less than 5 days prior to the first class date. A prorated refund will be issued in cases when the Park District receives a written verification from a physician that a medical condition exists that prohibits participation. The medical note must be received no later than 14 days after the session end date. A prorated refund may also be issued if the registrant moves to a location that makes traveling to the program unfeasible. A $5 service charge will be deducted from each program refund over $5, except when a medical note is presented or the District cancels a program. Exceptions to this policy will be noted in a programs details in the brochure. If the Park District cancels a program, participants will have a choice of full refund, household credit or class transfer, if available.
*Please note: The BASE (Before & After School Experience program and related activities) may be subject to different refund policies as issued by the Superintendent of BASE, Leanna Hartung.