Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate the many orders, mitigations and guidelines surrounding COVID-19.
On Friday, the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) released new information pertaining to park districts and proof of vaccination requirements. CCDPH indicated an updated order and guidance will be issued and effective Monday, January 3, 2022. The update will include park districts as organizations that are eligible for certain exemptions for youth activities and programs under Mitigation Order 2021-11. We do not yet know the scope of these exemptions, but will communicate any procedural changes mandated by the updated order as soon as possible.
After an order is released, it takes time to work through the updates and FAQs. The Park District of La Grange works in consult with industry experts, District attorneys, and the Park District Risk Management Agency to develop appropriate procedures.
On Monday, January 3, we will begin to implement proof of vaccination for the items in the order that currently remain unchanged for adults 19 and older:
• Adults using the Fitness Center at La Grange Fitness or participating in Adult Athletic/Fitness programs, adults participating in parent/child classes and open gyms (basketball, volleyball, pickleball, etc.) as well as walking/running track users must provide proof of vaccination.
• Rentals that include food or drink at any facility require the renter to verify that all guests ages 5 & older are in compliance with the vaccine mandate.
During this time, we are requiring all adults in the above programs and activities to show proof of vaccination starting Monday, January 3.
According to the Order, fully vaccinated is defined as:
• Two weeks after second dose in a two-dose series with approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
• Two weeks after a single-dose series with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
Acceptable forms of vaccination proof include:
• A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card; or
• An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered; or
• An ‘app’ that provides a digital record of vaccinations; or
• A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine brand administered, and the date the vaccination was administered.
Masks are still required at all times.
It is anticipated that additional guidance may affect other programs and events. In these cases, program participants will be contacted directly from the supervisor responsible for the program. For the most up-to-date information visit our website.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com
We wish you all a happy and healthy 2022!
Membership registration can only be done, in person, at La Grange Fitness located at 536 East Avenue, La Grange.
Proof of residency is required to qualify for resident rates. A drivers license, state ID or utility bill is acceptable. This policy assures the lowest fees for La Grange & Countryside residents.
La Grange Fitness is located within the Recreation Center, 536 East Avenue in La Grange
||5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
||6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
|4th of July, Labor Day,
Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve
||7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
||Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Easter