Park District of La Grange Community,
As we all navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of Illinois safety mandates and guidelines continue to change. On Tuesday, November 17th, Governor Pritzker announced that the State of Illinois will enter into Tier 3 Mitigations beginning Friday, November 20th. The following is a summary of how this tier of mitigations will affect Park District of La Grange Operations:
· New Recreation Center Desk Hours - Monday through Friday 8a - 5p and Saturday 9a-1p.
· All In-person Indoor Recreation Programming and Sports are temporarily suspended. The Park District of La Grange team are working with program contractors to adapt any and all programming to virtual models. Staff is also working on contingency plans for rescheduling programs and activities where possible. Information on program operations and potential refunds or credits will be forthcoming. However, with this very fluid situation, most refunds and household credits may be processed when the State of Illinois returns back to Phase 4 Restore Illinois operations or operations are able to resume.
· Outdoor Programming and Sports are allowed. Groups must practice social distancing and are limited to 10 people or less. Face coverings are required at all times for all activities.
· La Grange Fitness Center & Walking Track – The Fitness Center is open for MEMBERS ONLY and is limited to 25% capacity. Members must make a reservation for the fitness center by calling La Grange Fitness at 708-588-2260 during our operating hours. Additional details regarding the reservation process can be found on the website. Under Tier 3 Mitigations, face coverings must be worn at all times, including while engaged in individual exercise regardless of person or machine spacing. Currently, indoor Group Fitness classes are not permitted under Tier 3 Mitigations. Information regarding fee-based virtual fitness class options can be found on the website, at the Recreation Center or Fitness Center Desks or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The walking track is open to La Grange Fitness and Walking Track Members. If you need assistance, please contact La Grange Fitness during business hours at 708-588-2260 or by email at email@example.com.
· Room and Gym Rentals - Program room and gym rentals are not permitted in the Tier 3 Mitigations. If interested in reserving gym space for 1-on-1 basketball or volleyball training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Learning Ladders Preschool - Will continue to hold in-person classes as permitted under the Tier 3 Mitigations.
As always, the Park District of La Grange will continue to closely monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic situation and expand offerings where possible when state and federal guidelines permit. We thank you for your continued support and patience as we do our best at serving you! Stay safe and be well!
The Park District of La Grange Staff