1. RESIDENT REGISTRATION: Resident registration takes place three times a year and begins on a Saturday each season, continuing thereafter during regular office hours. Walk-in registration is held at the Recreation Center located at 536 East Ave. Residents can only register their own family during Saturday walk-in registration and may not give their registration forms to another person ahead of them in line. Registration is also accepted by mail. See the current season’s brochure for details.
2. NON-RESIDENT REGISTRATION: Individuals residing outside of the Park District boundaries may register starting approximately one week after resident registration has begun. This includes Neighborhood Network residents. See the current brochure for details
3. ONLINE REGISTRATION: The Park District offers online registration. Prior to utilizing online registration come in to the Recreation Center to set up your online account to receive the required user name and password for online access. Proof of residency is required. Online registration runs simultaneously to walk-in registration and is available 24/7 once registration begins for the season. A non-refundable $2 administration fee applies to online transactions.
4. FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED: All programs have a minimum and maximum enrollment and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
5. PROGRAM WAITING LISTS: Maximum enrollments for programs ensure quality and safety for you and your children. Waiting lists will be taken for classes that are filled. This list will be taken to allow for dropouts and cancellations prior to the start of a program. Our deadline for requesting refunds is 5 days before the start of class. This helps eliminate last minute decisions regarding programs and waiting list status.
6. FALSE INFORMATION: Persons failing to indicate accurate residency status upon registration will be dropped from the program without refund.
7. REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS: Refunds will not be issued after the first class date and must be requested no less than 5 days before the first class meeting. Prorated refunds will be issued in a case when the Park District receives a written medical certificate that a medical condition exists that prohibits participation. The medical note must be received no later than 14 days after the session end date. A prorated refund may also be issued if the registrant moves outside of the District boundaries. A $5 service charge will be deducted from all refunds over $5, except when a medical certificate is presented, or the District cancels a program. If the Park District cancels a program you will have a choice of full refund, credit or class transfer, if available.
8. INSUFFICIENT FUNDS: If payment is made by check and that check is returned to the District stamped N.S.F. or account closed, full payment as well as a $20 penalty will be required in cash or cashiers check before attendance in a class can continue.
9. FEE CODES: The fee codes used in our seasonal brochures are:
(R) Resident of La Grange (NN) Neighborhood Network (NR) Non-Resident
10. NEIGHBORHOOD NETWORK: Starting with Fall 2009 registration, communities that border La Grange will be charged only 10% more than resident rate for programs. Proof of residency is required. Neighborhood Network includes Western Springs, La Grange Park, Countryside, Brookfield, La Grange Highlands and McCook.
11. CO-OP PROGRAMMING: If a program is offered in cooperation with another agency, resident rates apply for all agencies indicated. Non-residents from the co-op district will be charged resident rate. For co-op programs, all participating agencies must achieve the minimum enrollment for class to be held.
12. SENIOR: Seniors age 55+ receive a 10% discount for most PDLG programs for adults.
13. PROOF OF RESIDENCY/AGE: The Park District of La Grange reserves the right to require proof of age, residency or family relationship. Proof of residency is required to qualify for resident/neighborhood network rates for program registrations, usage passes and facility rentals. A driver’s license, state ID or current utility bill is acceptable. This policy assures the lowest fees for La Grange residents.
14. PAYMENT /ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION: Upon enrollment you will be issued a receipt showing your payment for the program along with the class dates, time and any pertinent information that you may need regarding the program. If you have any questions regarding your receipt please call the Park District office at (708)352-1762.
15. ASSESSMENT FEE DESCRIPTION: A $5 registration fee is assessed when signing up for programs. This fee is charge only once per household per season for registrations of $20 or more. If after your initial registration you decide to enroll in more programs during the same season, simply alert us to this when you register. The assessment fee does not apply to online registrations. This fee allows the Park District to meet its administrative costs without raising fees for every program.
16. PAYMENT METHODS: Payment methods accepted are: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash and check. A driver’s license is required for payment by check.